The new movie Never Rarely Sometimes Always is now available to watch at home and we caught up with the stars of the film to learn more about them!
The Focus Features movie was originally supposed to be released in theaters, but the studio decided to release the film digitally to give fans some great new content to watch at home while movie theaters are closed.
Never Rarely Sometimes Always premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and won a Special Jury Award. It’s certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with a 98% rating!
Written and directed by Eliza Hittman, the film is an intimate portrayal of two teenage girls in rural Pennsylvania. Faced with an unintended pregnancy and a lack of local support, Autumn (Sidney Flanigan) and her cousin Skylar (Talia Ryder) embark across state lines to New York City on a fraught journey of friendship, bravery and compassion.
We learned more about Sidney and Talia with 10 Fun Facts about each of them.
- 1. I play 4 different instruments: guitar, ukulele, violin and cello.
- 2. I studied violin at a performing arts high school.
- 3. I’m a big fan of wrestling.
- 4. I was raised by a family of punk rockers.
- 5. I love watching cartoons and Anime.
- 6. I had a mohawk in high school.
- 7. My favorite movies growing up were movies by Kevin Smith.
- 8. I have a cat named Randal who I named after the character from Clerks.
- 9. I currently still work as a janitor in my hometown of Buffalo, NY.
- 10. I wanted to be a magician when I was 10 years old.
- 1. I started dancing at age 3.
- 2. I made my Broadway debut with my sister in Matilda The Musical.
- 3. I’m obsessed with gel nails.
- 4. I always wear 2 different earrings.
- 5. I eat a lot of “Special K”.
- 6. My brother’s a really intense gamer, a Fortnite legend.
- 7. I’m a huge Brockhampton fan.
- 8. I love sneakers.
- 9. I recently attended my first Paris fashion week with Celine.
- 10. I was 16 when I filmed Never Rarely Sometimes Always. I was junior in high school and went to school on my off days.
You can watch the movie now via iTunes and other digital providers.